Garmin Nuvi 885T - the one I should have bought...

Satellite radio, TV, GPS, locators, and other convergence with SAT tech.

Garmin Nuvi 885T - the one I should have bought...

Postby Administrator » Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm

I am a fan of Nuvi's. The UI, the features (and Karen, the sleek sounding Australian personality that tells me when shes "re-calculating" after I take a wrong turn. Some time back, I bought a Nuvi 780, and it's a great GPS - though, Seeing as how prices seem to be coming down, the Nuvi 885T is the one I should have held out for. It's got everything the N780 does, with added voice-activated features. So, if you like talking to your car, this is the GPS for you! Check out the full review at All Reviews Online.

The 885T weighs 6.2 ounces (176 g) and is powered by a removable rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides users up to 4 hours operation time. This unit is not waterproof. However, it does have high-sensitivity receiver and is available with a RoHS version rating. The Garmin nüvi 885T also comes with features like basemap, preloaded maps (with functionality that allows users to add maps), internal solid state built-in memory, accepts microSD™ card (not included) and provides up to 500 waypoints / favorites / locations memory and 10 routes. The Garmin nüvi 885T also features voice prompts (e.g. “Turn right in 500 ft.”) via its dual internal speaker, speaks street names (e.g. “Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.”), auto re-route for fast off-route and detour recalculation, provides choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road), route avoidance that helps users avoid highways, tolls etc., Custom POIs (which gives users the ability to add additional points of interest), is Garmin Garage™ vehicles and Garmin Garage™ voices compatible, and has world travel clock, currency and unit converter, calculator, and picture viewer. The device also supports Garmin Lock™ which is an anti-theft feature and has a touchscreen. This device also acts as a USB mass storage device that is compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later. The Garmin nüvi 885T comes preloaded with City Navigator® NT for North America, vehicle suction cup mount, vehicle power cable, dashboard disc and a quick start manual. It supports Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands), Lane assist (guides users to the proper lane for navigation) with junction view, Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route), Bluetooth® wireless technology that connects phone for hands-free calling, and is MSN® Direct compatible. The Garmin nüvi 885T is also supports FM traffic, speed limit indicator that displays speed limit for most major roads, ‘Where Am I?’ functionality that helps users find closest hospitals, police and gas stations, nearest address and intersection, and Qwerty or ABC keyboard...

more @ the source: All Reviews Online
-=TheZodiac=-
Administrator
Site Admin

Return to Satellite TECH